Every child deserves a chance at a successful life.
As part of the Educare Learning Network — one of the nation’s most effective early childhood education programs –we make sure financially disadvantaged young children have the best possible chance for success in life. Our approach extends beyond the classrooms to help children, families and communities thrive.
Early childhood education ensures school readiness.
Educare Central Maine promotes high-quality learning by ensuring our teachers have the education credentials (including bachelor’s degrees for lead teachers) to engage and support their students. We use tested methodologies and curricula to teach children to overcome adversity and to learn the skills they will need for success in kindergarten and beyond.
The Educare model is comprehensive.
- We offer vital health and wellness services because children must be healthy to learn and develop.
- We partner with families because learning doesn’t stop when children leave the classroom.
- We support the continued learning of our passionate teachers and staff because we want to empower them to do their best work.
- We use research to improve our schools because we’re committed to creating a lasting positive impact on every family we serve.
- We advocate on behalf of children everywhere to improve access to quality early learning programs.
- We share our expertise with educators, researchers and policymakers so they know how to strengthen their communities.
- We build strong public-private partnerships to create strong schools and longtime champions who will amplify our call for change.