Educare Central Maine educates parents and early care professionals on how to become agents of change and improve early childhood education at home and in the classroom. To that end, the Educare Central Maine facility will provide space for training opportunities for parents, staff, owners, and operators of early care and education programs, and business leaders to increase their knowledge of early care and education and/or professional qualifications. By doing so, Educare Central Maine helps improve the quality of service and programs available to children throughout the State of Maine.
The Educare Central Maine Board is aware of a dual responsibility for making the Educare Central Maine facility available for community activities beyond training activities for parents, staff, providers, and caregivers, and at the same time protecting the Educare Central Maine investment in its facility. Therefore, use of the Educare Central Maine facility will be guided by the following considerations when asked to use the Educare Central Maine facility for non-early care and education functions, or when additional staff time or expenses are incurred by Educare Central Maine.
Under no circumstances will Educare Central Maine funds be made available to underwrite expenses incurred as a result of the use of facilities for non-Educare Central Maine activities. To do so would deprive the educational program of funds and put the Board in a position of subsidizing non-Educare Central Maine related activities. Therefore, a fee sufficient to cover costs may be assessed for the use of the Educare Central Maine facility. Donations are welcomed and very much appreciated.
Groups sponsoring activities that require the services of a custodian, catering, or other special services will be required to cover the cost of such services as outlined in the documents below.
- Facility Use Policy
- Fee Agreement
- Meeting Space Request/Reservation Form
- Meeting Room Set Up Description Guide
Prioritization of Facility Use
Top priority will be accorded to Educare Central Maine and its affiliated organizations and, when available, the use of the Educare Central Maine facility by outside organizations will be accommodated if possible. Educare Central Maine related organizations and activities shall have the preference for the use of any part of the building, providing the requested area has not been previously reserved. Educare Central Maine reserves the right to decide who/what groups may use the facility.
All organizations utilizing the facility agree, by signing this policy, to adhere to the following rules and regulations:
- A Meeting Space Request/Reservation form must be completed, and the Facility Use Policy signed by an authorized representative of the organization requesting space. It is the responsibility of the requesting organization to inform all participants of the rules and regulations. Facility Use Policy can be emailed or mailed to one of the following staff once the meeting date/time have been confirmed:
- Deanna Blodgett, Educare Receptionist
Educare Central Maine
56 Drummond Avenue
Waterville, Maine 04901
- Deanna Blodgett, Educare Receptionist
- Smoking and firearms are prohibited anywhere on the campus.
- No alcoholic liquors or beverages shall be brought onto or consumed on Educare Central Maine premises.
- Use of outside equipment not permitted when using network components (i.e., overhead projector). Bring all electronic presentation material on a flash drive.
- Only authorized persons are to be in the Educare Central Maine facility or in any structures located on the grounds. During the time when the facility is open to the public, only designated areas will be open. Other areas will be closed and any unauthorized person in these areas is trespassing and will be treated accordingly.
- Playground use is prohibited in this agreement unless permission is specifically granted and a KVCAP/Educare Central Maine staff person is on the playground at all times.
- All organizations using the Educare Central Maine facility must strictly adhere to all prevailing fire and safety regulations.
- Wall or ceiling decorations, confetti, glitter and like items may not be placed on or around Educare Central Maine. Flip chart post-it paper and non-abrasive painters tape can be used on walls.
- Nothing shall be sold, exhibited, or displayed without permission.
- Preservation of order must be adhered to at all times. Police protection may be required at the sole discretion of Educare Central Maine. This shall be at the expense of the applicant.
- All electrical or sound equipment, facilities, and arrangements for use of same shall be in charge and control of Educare Central Maine.
- The applicant shall restore/repair any loss or damage occurring during use of the building and its facilities to the satisfaction of Educare Central Maine.
- The right to revoke/deny temporary or permanent facility use is reserved by Educare Central Maine.
- Wages paid to KVCAP/Educare Central Maine employees for services involving the use of the Educare Central Maine facility will only be processed through the appropriate payroll.
- Permission must be requested prior to taking any images of children.
Training Room Set-up and Clean-up
Training Room preparation is limited to one hour before the start of the scheduled event. Clean up must occur immediately after. In the event Educare Central Maine is required to clean up, a fee may be charged. All equipment, furniture, and tables must be left clean and in their prior condition following the activity. Should your meeting room require rearranging during the meeting, please seek a maintenance person for assistance. Any decorations, supplies, equipment, signs, handouts, or other amenities brought by the user must be removed at the conclusion of the program. Set-up, program time, and clean-up must take place within the scheduled times.
Evening or Weekend Hours
Any request for evening or weekend events, or requests that are not within Educare Central Maine’s operating hours, shall be directed to the Associate Director of the Educare School for approval. Events may not begin prior to 6:30 a.m. and must cease by 9:30 p.m. Should such use be granted, there must be a KVCAP/Educare Central Maine person designated to be in charge and present at the event. Such person shall be named and recorded in advance on the Meeting Space Request/Reservation form. If the KVCAP/Educare Central Maine staff person is not a participant in the event, the organization requesting the reservation will be responsible for reimbursement for staff time.
During ECM’s operating hours (Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.) parking in designated drop off and pick up areas is prohibited in the front of the building.
Certificate of Insurance
A certificate of insurance naming Educare Central Maine as additional insured for any profit-making organization that intends to rent any part of the Educare Central Maine facility is required. Also, non-profit organizations may be required to have a certificate of insurance that is attached to its completed facility use application.
Indemnification and Hold Harmless
Requesting organization agrees to indemnify and hold Educare Central Maine and its employees harmless from any loss or liability which may result from claims of injury to persons or property from any cause arising out of or during the use and occupancy of the Facility by the requesting organization or its participants.
Room use for meetings often has hidden costs such as set-up/take down, normal wear and tear, maintenance, and cleanup costs. Donations are welcomed and very much appreciated. Additional time for set-up may require a small fee, according to the guidance on the Fee Agreement.
Educare Central Maine aims to demonstrate the delivery of quality early care and education practices to the community and beyond. Therefore, non-educational institutions that hold early care and education focused meetings or provide sporadic training’s for area early care and education professionals and caregivers are considered affiliated/related organizations. There will be no charge to these organizations unless specific meeting room set-ups are required and/or other expenses are incurred to accommodate meetings.
Fees, when assessed, will be based on the schedules of rental rates on the Fee Agreement. Requests for any waiver of fees shall be directed to KVCAP’s Director of Child & Family Services. When an organization charges a fee for an event, a facility use fee will be charged. Payment for use of the facilities is expected prior to the time of scheduled use. Refunds of facilities-use fees will not be made but may be applied toward future use.